Emergency Paid Leave
Many workers in America currently have no paid leave and are being forced to choose between their paycheck, their health, and the health of the people around them. The emergency paid leave provisions passed by Congress and signed into law by the Presiden tare a critical step toward protecting families’ financial security and mitigating the spread of the coronavirus. I have included links below that I hope are helpfully in answering your questions.
• U.S. Department of Labor Fact Sheet for Employees
• U.S. Department of Labor Fact Sheet for Employers
• U.S. Department of Labor Questions and Answers
• Treasury, IRS & Department of Labor Announcement link.
Paid Sick and Family Leave Tax Credit
• Employers who provide required leave to their employees and who employ less than 500 employees are eligible for a tax credit to offset the costs of such leave. This tax relief will be provided against quarterly payroll taxes (those paid in connection the Form 941). For additional guidance, please refer to the IRS’s website.