Congressman Ryan Urges Ohioans to use “Get My Payment” Tool from the IRS to Check the Status of their Stimulus Payment
Washington, DC – As 90 million Americans receive their stimulus payments, Congressman Tim Ryan (OH-13) is urging Ohioans to use the “Get My Payment” tool to check the status of their payment from the American Rescue Plan, the recently passed bill that includes Economic Impact Payments of up to $1,400 for most Ohioans. Eighty-nine percent of Ohio adults are set to receive a payment, and money is already beginning to be directly deposited into bank accounts. In most cases, these payments are automatic and no action is necessary to receive them.
“The American Rescue Plan is a lifeline for working families in Ohio. I’m proud to have led the charge in Congress to secure a cash payment for 86 percent of Ohioans and millions of Americans across the country. The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a real toll on families and businesses alike, and this cash payment will put the money directly into the pockets of people who are most in need,” said Rep. Tim Ryan.
- You can check the status of your Economic Impact Payment and learn more using the “Get My Payment Tool from IRS.gov.
- How to Check the Status of your Payment: Go online and check the status of your payment using the “Get My Payment” tool at: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
- What to Expect: Ohioans may have already started seeing payments show up in their bank accounts if their 2019 or 2020 taxes have been processed by the IRS or they used the “non-filer portal” for previous payments and provided their bank account information to the IRS. Recipients of other federal government benefits, like Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Railroad Retirement Board, or Veterans Affairs benefits, should expect to receive payment automatically as well. For Ohioans awaiting a paper check or debit card, some checks have been mailed already, but most will find their paper checks or debit cards in the mail over the next several weeks.
- How Many Ohioans will Get Payments: According to the White House, more than 7.4 million adults and 2.8 million children in Ohio are eligible to receive payments of up to $1,400 per person through the American Rescue Plan. That means 89 percent of all adults and 87 percent of all children in Ohio are set to receive payments.
- Who is Eligible for Payments: The American Rescue Plan included Economic Impact Payments of up to $1,400 per person. Combined with the $600 down payments enacted in December, these additional checks will finish the job on Democrats’ promise to put $2,000 in Americans’ pockets.
- Individuals earning up to $75,000 annually, heads of household earning up to $112,500 annually, and couples earning up to $150,000 annually will receive the full $1,400 per person, for themselves and their dependents.
- After that, the checks begin to phase out, with payments stopping at individuals earning $80,000 in annual income, heads of household earning $120,000 in annual income and married couples earning $160,000 in annual income.
- This time around, adult dependents – such as college students and adults with disabilities – will qualify to receive a check.