Congressman Tim Ryan Helps Kick Off of the eBay Retail Revival Program in Akron, Ohio
Akron, Ohio – Congressman Tim Ryan (OH-13) helped kick-off the eBay Retail Revival Program today in Akron, Ohio. The half-day event onboarded sellers onto eBay’s global platform through workshops with mentors, networking opportunities, and time for one-on-one support from eBay’s Global Customer Experience team.
In partnership with the City of Akron and the City of Warren, eBay selected over 100 local businesses to participate in the program for 2018 and receive 12 months of support and resources to learn best practices for selling on the eBay platform. Warren, OH based businesses were also eligible to participate in the program – 16 Warren businesses are participating. The 245,000 eBay sellers in Ohio generated $938 million in eBay sales last year.
eBay also plans to work with the City of Akron and City of Warren to promote the larger community and its sellers across the eBay platform, and partner with local organizations for ongoing trainings throughout the year. Businesses will receive exclusive support and resources to help them get started selling on the eBay platform including a comprehensive training program that will teach the eBay selling basics, a dedicated customer service support team to answer any questions the new sellers may have, a complimentary eBay store subscription, and an eBay selling starter kit.
Ryan and participating business owners from Warren, Ohio
Congressman Ryan announced the joint partnership between eBay and the cities of Akron and Warren on January 19, 2018.
Congressman Ryan previously hosted eBay officials in his Warren, Ohio office on November 21, 2018in his Washington, DC office on December 20, 2018 and strongly urged them to select Akron and Warren for the Retail Revival program.
- Reach: 170M active buyers in 190 markets worldwide.
- The majority of eBay’s sales are made with the “Buy It Now” option. No auctions necessary.
- 88% of items on eBay are listed at a fixed price – with no bidding necessary, 81% of items sold are new and unused.
- On the go: 61% of GMV involves a mobile touchpoint and the eBay app has had 391 million downloads across the globe.
- Global reach: With a growing international presence, 57% of eBay’s revenue is from outside the U.S.