Immigration | Congressman Tim Ryan
Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Medium icon
YouTube icon
Instagram icon


While we make improvements please find answers to some commonly asked questions about the United States Immigration and Citizenship Services.  If you are having difficulty, I may be able to help. Please contact my Akron office at 330-630-7311. Please click here for my Privacy Release Form

Frequently Asked Questions:

How Do I Renew My Green Card?

If your card has not expired, you need to complete Form I-90 and take the completed form along with two pictures and the applicable filing fee to an Application Support Center. The closest one in our Congressional District is located at 88 S. Route 59, Suite 124, Naperville, IL 60540-0962. This office is open Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and no appointment is necessary.

If your card has expired, been lost or stolen, you need to complete Form I-90 and hand deliver it to the USCIS Office at 10 W.Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL, any Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. No appointment is necessary. The first 600 individuals are served each day.



How Do I Let USCIS Know If I Have Moved?

If you have an application or petition pending with Immigration, you should send a letter to the office handling the matter and give them your old address and new address and attach a copy of your receipt for having filed those documents with that particular office.

If you have nothing pending with Immigration and you have moved, it is necessary that you complete form AR-11.



I recently filed for Naturalization or a Green Card with the USCIS. How long will that take?

If you would like Congressman Ryan to inquire about the status of your Naturalization or Green Card, fill out a Privacy Release Form.

The USCIS will only allow us to check the status of your application/petition if you give us your consent by filling out the privacy form.



I need a form from the USCIS, but the local office won't give me one. How do I get an UCIS form?

Forms are available for download from the USCIS website.   You can request forms be mailed to you on the USCIS website, or by calling 1-800-870-FORM (3676).


I've tried calling the USCIS to ask a simple question, but can't get through. How do you call the USCIS?

You can also try the USCIS' toll-free number for general questions: 1-800-375-5283.


How Do I Become a US Citizen?

Visit the UCIS website for information about how to become a U.S. Citizen.  Also, you can download a "Guide to Naturalization." This 45-page booklet answers most questions you may have regarding citizenship.  You must have Adobe Acrobat to access it.

You can now download software from the USCIS website that will allow you to complete your naturalization form on your personal computer, then print a special bar-coded application that greatly improves the accuracy and speed of the data input by USCIS staff.

If you prefer, you can also call 1-800-870-3676 and request form N-400, the Naturalization application, or download it from the USCIS website.


Business and Immigration

The UCIS web site contains a lot of information related to hiring people who live outside of the U.S.  Refer to the USCIS's Page for answers on all your questions regarding hiring employees outside of the U.S.