Help with a Federal Agency | Congressman Tim Ryan
Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Medium icon
YouTube icon
Instagram icon

Agency Help

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 13th Congressional District of Ohio can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to comply with the Privacy Act, we ask that you complete a Privacy Release Form including signature and return to our office at your earliest convenience.  This can done via U.S. mail, email in PDF format, or facsimile. We highly encourage email or fax to help expedite the process.
For issues related to the State Department, passports, visas, the military, or veterans affairs please email completed privacy release form to
For issues related to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Department of Education, housing, retirement plans, pensions, social security and disability benefits please email completed privacy release form to
For issues relate to the workforce fairness, unemployment, the Department of Justice please email completed privacy release form to
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.

We must have your wet signature to proceed with this type of request.

Privacy Release Form

***Some federal agencies require specific privacy release forms above and beyond what we utilize as a basic template, so please reach out to the Washington, DC or local district office for guidance.